Fixed Braces (Level 2)
CPD - 7 Hours
Next Course - 27 Oct 2023View course dates
This single-day course demonstrates the management of mild to moderate overbite and overjet. This course will also teach attendees how to undertake a single tooth extraction.
Delegates should attend IAS Academy’s Fixed Braces Level 1 course or another provider's introductory Fixed Brace course and complete at least five fixed-brace cases before booking this level-two course.
What Is The Format Of The Course?
- Case selection
- Plannng, space analysis and mechanics for single tooth extraction
- The biomechanics for single tooth extraction
- Practical – placing PC across extraction space
- Overbite – identification of skeletal overbite
- Biomechanics for OB reduction – use of NiTi rocker arch
- Practical – placing NiTi RCOS archwire in lower
- Overjet and buccal correction using Cl II
- Biomechanics for OJ reduction and how to use elastics
- Practical – placing hooks and elastics
- Understand and identify when an extraction is required
- Understand how to manage space created by an extraction
- Plan ‘simple’ extraction cases (e.g. lower incisor)
- Understand and identify when to increase non-skeletal deep overbite
- Use NiTi RCOS to achieve OB reduction
- Understand and identify when Cl II elastics are required
- Able to use CL II elastics to aid overjet reduction
Upcoming Course Dates
Meet the Lecturers
Pinkoo Bose - known affectionately as Pinks to friends at IAS - qualified in Nigeria, where he worked in various hospital roles.
He also worked in Zimbabwe before making his way to the Uk in 1989 to complete an MSC at the UCL.
He also completed modules at Guy’s before gaining the LDSRCS qualification in 1991 and later the GDGP (UK) diploma.
Pinks’ orthodontic journey started in 2000 with an offer to teach from his principal dentist. Pinks jumped at the opportunity and has never looked back.
Since then, he has attended extensive orthodontic training, including Prof*. Ross Hobson’s Advanced Course. He is an active member of IAS Academy who loves mentoring and sharing his experience with others.
*Ross Hobson is a former retired professor of UClan.
Hooria Olsen qualified from Cardiff University Dental School in 1994, and worked in the fields of Oral Surgery and Oral Medicine before moving into General Practice.
She started her own Private Dental Practice in London in 2005, and with her commitment to constant improvement and learning, has developed her experience in the field of orthodontics for 10 years now. She has been especially involved in the teaching and mentoring in fixed brace treatments over the last few years. Having built her skills latterly through IAS Academy, she enjoys passing on the tips and tricks to delegates and building their confidence.
She especially likes meeting and interacting with her dental colleagues and enjoys being a part of the IAS community.
Her motto is ‘If I can do it, so can you’. She lives in London with her husband and two teenage children.
- Qualified from Cardiff University Dental School in 1994
- Worked in the fields of Oral Surgery and Oral Medicine before moving into General Practice
- Started her own Private Dental Practice in London in 2005
- Over 10 years of experience in orthodontics
View course dates