CPD - 14 Hours
Next Course - 26 May 2023 - 27 May 2023View course dates
This certification course (designed for beginners in fixed appliances) covers all aspects of the treatment from diagnosis, assessment, case evaluation, to fitting then retention. The course is an ethical, non-extraction approach to Anterior Aesthetic Orthodontics (AAO) using precision digitally placed 3M Clarity brackets in pre loaded placement trays. Attendees will be able to handle simple fixed and clear aligner cases immediately. You are supported every step of the way with an online mentoring system where your cases are checked for suitability, your records are assessed, and help can be given at any point through the treatment. Three monitored cases are treated as part of your certification
What Is The Format Of The Course?
- Difference between AAO & comprehensive orthodontics
- Case assessment & treatment planning
- Principles of straight wire orthodontics & indirect bonding
- Interproximal reduction techniques
- Archwire selection and wire sequences
- Crowded and spaced cases
- Deep bites, open bites & blocked out teeth
- Mixed appliance treatment
- Case finishing
Hands On Session
- Place Archwires
- Methods of tying brackets
- Techniques with powerchain & open coil springs
- Practice lacebacks using buttons
- Practice chichanes
- Bond retainer with printed jig
- Bonding brackets with indirect trays
- Treatment planning exercises
- Marketing session
- Start with simple cases & introduce AAO to patients
- Life-long mentoring with every case included
- Learn to identify and refer unsuitable cases
- Integrate restorative dentistry with orthodontics
- Learn how to provide dentistry that lasts
- Clinical support & governance to keep you clinically safe
Upcoming Course Dates
Taken this course before?
You can book on as a refresher
Certified with another system?
You can book on as a conversion
Meet the Lecturers
Andrew Qualified from Queens University Belfast 1998 and has a private practice in Northern Ireland.
Andrew has a particular interest in restorative and cosmetic dentistry and lectures regularly on cosmetic dentistry, including cosmetic tooth alignment, tooth whitening and is a trainer for the IAS Academy, teaching dentists how to use removable appliances, fixed braces and clear aligners. He also teaches the Align, Bleach and Bond course. Andrew also runs introductory talks and study clubs and is known for his friendly and approachable manner.
In 2014 Andrew completed his MClinDent in Prosthodontics (Fixed and Removable) from Kings College London dental institute and is the Vice President and a director of the European Society of Aesthetic Orthodontics.
Andrew is an active Member of the Irish Academy Of Aesthetic Orthodontics and is on their conference committee and regional representative of the British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
- Vice President and Director of the European Society of Aesthetic Orthodontics
- An active member of the Irish Academy of Aesthetic Orthodontics
- Valued trainer for the IAS Academy
- Owns his own private practice in Northern Ireland
Pinkoo Bose - known affectionately as Pinks to friends at IAS - qualified in Nigeria, where he worked in various hospital roles.
He also worked in Zimbabwe before making his way to the Uk in 1989 to complete an MSC at the UCL.
He also completed modules at Guy’s before gaining the LDSRCS qualification in 1991 and later the GDGP (UK) diploma.
Pinks’ orthodontic journey started in 2000 with an offer to teach from his principal dentist. Pinks jumped at the opportunity and has never looked back.
Since then, he has attended extensive orthodontic training, including Prof*. Ross Hobson’s Advanced Course. He is an active member of IAS Academy who loves mentoring and sharing his experience with others.
*Ross Hobson is a former retired professor of UClan.
Dr Emma Dougherty qualified in 2002 from the University of Glasgow. Emma worked in Maxillofacial surgery and Orthodontic departments for 2 years and gained membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow. Emma has practiced in Northern Ireland for the past 12 years working as a GDP in mixed practices.
Over the past 6 years, Emma’s passion for minimally invasive aesthetic dentistry attracted her to the IAS Academy. She has worked through all of the IAS courses becoming the second fully accredited member of the Academy. Having competed Prof Hobson’s IAS advanced course in 2016 Emma became a mentor for Clear Smile Brace. She gets immense satisfaction in helping other dentists starting out on the journey she did some years ago. In addition to online mentoring, Emma assists with teaching on the Clear Smile Brace course and takes case booster courses alongside the rest of mentoring team.
- Qualified in 2002 from the University of Glasgow
- Holds membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow
- The second-ever fully accredited IAS Academy member
- A valued Mentor for Clear Smile Braces
View course dates
Hooria Olsen qualified from Cardiff University Dental School in 1994, and worked in the fields of Oral Surgery and Oral Medicine before moving into General Practice.
She started her own Private Dental Practice in London in 2005, and with her commitment to constant improvement and learning, has developed her experience in the field of orthodontics for 10 years now. She has been especially involved in the teaching and mentoring in fixed brace treatments over the last few years. Having built her skills latterly through IAS Academy, she enjoys passing on the tips and tricks to delegates and building their confidence.
She especially likes meeting and interacting with her dental colleagues and enjoys being a part of the IAS community.
Her motto is ‘If I can do it, so can you’. She lives in London with her husband and two teenage children.
- Qualified from Cardiff University Dental School in 1994
- Worked in the fields of Oral Surgery and Oral Medicine before moving into General Practice
- Started her own Private Dental Practice in London in 2005
- Over 10 years of experience in orthodontics
View course dates